Welcome to the Severn Postgraduate School of Emergency Medicine
If you are interested in a career within the emergency care arena then please take the time to read through our website which will show you what this region has to offer. If you have any queries at all then please do not hesitate to contact any of my colleagues listed in the staff contacts page. As a first port of call I recommended emailing Karen Fishenden, our Education Programme Manager who will be pleased to assist you.
Emergency Medicine training in Severn is flourishing and we unashamedly aspire to provide an excellent training experience for all our EM doctors. Current highlights include:
- Guaranteed in-house Ultrasound training and delivery of workshops to enable Level 1 Certification
- Annual Critical Appraisal Training Day
- Monthly EM 3 year training programme mapped to the CEM syllabus
- Annual mock FCEM for all EM trainees in years ST4 and above
- Annual submission of Best Bet/ e-Learning module/ CTR
However there is more to life than work and over the past two years we have forged a link with Mnazi Moja hospital and the Zanzibar medical school and several trainees have undertaken a short final year elective to assist with teaching and training in a developing world environment.
Nearer to home, each of our seven training hospitals contribute significantly to the training scheme. With two tertiary centres, a Professorial unit, a Paediatric ED within the Children’s Hospital and five DGH’s the scheme offers both depth and breadth of experience, reflected in the excellent MCEM and FCEM pass rates.