The recruitment process for ST4 Emergency Medicine has undergone a few changes over the past couple of years and the likelihood is it will continue to evolve into the future. By working to the ethos of providing excellent training opportunities, ensuring exceptional educational supervision and management, Severn has done well in maintaining a robust and supportive rota that enables our trainees to reach their full potential. Current highlights of the programme include:
- Guaranteed in-house Ultrasound training and delivery of workshops to enable Level 1 Certification
- Annual Critical Appraisal Training Day
- Monthly EM 3 year training programme mapped to the CEM syllabus
- Annual mock FCEM for all EM trainees in years ST4 and above
- Annual submission of Best Bet/ e-Learning module/ CTR
The responsibility for ST4 EM recruitment currently lies with the Yorkshire and Humber Deanery. They are responsible for placing NHS adverts, application management, longlisting, shortlisting, interviewing and offering of posts. Each participating Deanery sends representation for the interviews and informs Yorkshire & Humber of the current vacancies we wish to recruit to. If Severn has any posts then in addition to the adverts placed by Yorkshire & Humber we will also place an advert on our Deanery website which can be found by using the Vacancies tab to the left.
We are always keen to promote our region and are always happy to field any queries potential candidates may have. If you have any questions then please direct them to the South West recruitment team: SEVRecruitment.SW@hee.nhs.uk