Welcome to the Severn Postgraduate School of Emergency Medicine
If you are interested in a career within the emergency care arena then please take the time to read through our website which will show you what this region has to offer. If you have any queries at all then please do not hesitate to contact any of my colleagues listed in the staff contacts page. As a first port of call I recommended emailing Emergency school Team they will be pleased to assist you.
Emergency Medicine training in Severn is flourishing and we unashamedly aspire to provide an excellent training experience for all our EM doctors. Current highlights include:
- Monthly EM regional teaching programme mapped to the RCEM curriculum
- Annual Critical Appraisal Training Day
- Regular simulation training days
- Guaranteed in-house Ultrasound training and delivery of workshops to enable Level 1 Certification
- Annual mock FRCEM for all EM trainees
- Excellent QIP support structure with annual training day and Regional QIP lead
- EM Leadership training
- A focus on trainee wellness.
We are very supportive of trainees completing OOPEs and diversifying their careers. We have supported trainees undertaking a wide range of OOPEs and OOPTs over the years, both in the UK and overseas.
We understand the Emergency Medicine is a high intensity specialty and are supportive of trainees training less than full time. We have embraced our trainees applying for category 3 LTFT training since it was introduced in 2017.
Nearer to home, each of our seven training hospitals contribute significantly to the training scheme. With two tertiary centres, a Professorial unit, a Paediatric ED within the Children’s Hospital and five DGH’s the scheme offers both depth and breadth of experience, reflected in the excellent GMC survey feedback and FRCEM pass rates.